Service hours for the fall semester 2020: Due to the current situation we are still asked to limit personal contact. We will therefore not offer any walk-in-service hours but will support you via a Zoom call or personal appointment:
Mon & Wed 2 pm – 4 pm online via Zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/93593781337
Meeting ID: 935 9378 1337
Please wait in the waiting room until it's your turn. We will let you in individually.
Of course you can always drop us an email or call us.
We are here to assist you with all non-program and non-career related matters. We will do our very best to support and advice you. Every student is welcome to make use of our Student Services Information Point on the 1st floor for assistance and guidance.
Before and right after your arrival we are keen to enable you to start at KLU as smooth as possible by providing you with the required information, counseling and assisting you in every day related issues. During your studies we are committed to provide you a comprehensive orientation in getting you the utmost from your experience during this challenging and exciting program.
What we do
- Enrollment service
- Advice on visa issues, residence registration in Hamburg and residence permit
- Help to find suitable accommodation within the metropolitan area of Hamburg (regular support hours)
- Assistance with health insurance (regular support hours) and setting up a bank account
- Organizational and financial support for extracurricular activities
- Various types of confirmations as well as tickets for public transportation and your Student ID Card
- Counseling on tuition fee payments and funding
- Confidential and free professional psychological service on individual request (short-term), workshops on study related topics as well as referrals for students who require long-term counseling
We always try to
- Help you to resolve your query immediately
- Forward your request and taking appointments
- Enable you to access more specialist services
- Provide you with information that will enable you to help yourself